If you have to use IMRO data, you want to use the same legend as the one used on www.ruimtelijkeplannen.nl. Unfortunatly there is no standard IMRO legend file for QGIS. Luckily B3Partners uploaded an SLD file onto GitHub which you can use to create the legend in QGIS.
To use the SLD for the legend you need the following software:
1. QGIS (the used version was 1.9.0 on a Mac)
2. A texteditor or XML-editor
3. IMRO Data
(4. OGRINFO to get information from the GML)
The used data is from the City of Amstelveen and is about the expansion of the shopping centre Westwijk (NL.IMRO.0362.06S-OW01 – “2e Herziening Amstelveen Zuid-West – Westwijkcentrum”). This doesn’t contain all the IMRO possibilities, but the used method is applicable for any missing items.
The plans GML contains the following layers:
1: Enkelbestemming (Polygon)
2: Bouwaanduiding (Polygon)
3: Maatvoering (Polygon)
4: Gebiedsaanduiding (Polygon)
5: Bouwvlak (Polygon)
6: Functieaanduiding (Polygon)
7: Bestemmingsplangebied (Polygon)
8: MetadataIMRObestand (None)
The last in this list is not a geographical layer but only a metadata layer. It contains the following information:
– gml_id (String) = Metadata
– datasetTitel (String) = 2e Herziening Amstelveen Zuid-West – Westwijkcentrum
– creatiedatum (String) = 2013-05-31
– bronbeheerder (String) = Amstelveen
– codeerVerantwoordelijke (String) = P.Sugito
– naamApplicatieschema (String) = IMRO2012
– codeReferentiesysteem (Integer) = 28992
– toepassingsschaal (Integer) = 1000
– applicatieIdentificatie (String) = RoPlan 2012 v2.0 (voor v8i)
– versieXMLschema (String) = 1.1.0
As said before, the SLD cannot be used immediatly in QGIS 1.9. First the seperate NamedLayers must be copied and pasted into new sld-files. With 1 exeption: the in the SLD used PNG-images do not exist in the zip file from B3Partners. Instead of using these images, the new styling in QGIS has been used.
After opening the SLD for the layer Maatvoering it looks like this:
Expected was a striped black line without a fill color, but the fillcolor is green with a black outline.
To create the SLD for the layer Maatvoering, the xml-code must be searched for the text Maatvoering. The text from to around the text Maatvoering must be copied to a new SLD-file.
Then the XML must be finalized by adding the StyledLayerDescriptor tag around the copied code and adding the XML version and encoding information.
This has to be done for every layer in the GML-file. To get the required SLD files for the layers the following has to be done for the seperate layers:
– Enkelbestemming: search for the text ‘bestemmingshoofdgroep’ and use one of the layers Dubbelbestemmingen (in procedure), Dubbelbestemmingen (huidig), Bestemmingen (in procedure) or Bestemmingen (huidig),
– Bouwaanduiding: search for the text ‘Bouwaanduiding’,
– Maatvoering: search for the text ‘Maatvoering’,
– Gebiedsaanduiding: search for the text ‘gebiedsaanduiding’,
– Bouwvlak: search for the text ‘Bouwvlak’ and use the layout for one of the layers nwro_bvk_pde or nwro_bvk_hdg (both sytlings or the same),
– Functieaanduiding: search for the text ‘Functieaanduiding’ and use the layout for one of the layers nwro_fag_pde or nwro_fag_hdg (both sytlings or the same),
– Bestemmingsplangebied: search for the text ‘Bestemmingsplangebied’.
After the SLD’s have been saved and used in QGIS to create the styling the layers look like this:
The following items must be changed by hand:
– Enkelbestemming, the thickness of the polygon outline must be reduced to 1,
– Bouwaanduiding, the thickness of the polygon outline must be reduced to 1,
– Maatvoering, the thickness of the polygon outline must be reduced to 1,
– Gebiedsaanduiding, the styling of the polygon outline must be changed. The inwards pointing triangles are missing.
Instead of this the outline is black and 2 pixels thick. So the triangles must be added to the line-symbols and the outline must be changed so it has the same color as the other outline in the style.
The ‘solid line’ must be changed in a ‘Symbol-line’. On this symbol-line symbols must be added with an interval of 15. These symbols must be 5 pixels tall and must have the same color as the outline. The offset on the x-axis must be 2 and on the y-axis -2. The symbol to be used must be the larger triangle from the standard symbollist
Zoomed in the layer looks as followed (it looks better zoomed in then out due to the symbol placement):
– Bouwvlak, the thickness of the polygon outline must be reduced to 1,
– Functieaanduiding, the thickness of the polygon outline must be reduced to 1,
– Bestemmingsplangebied, the outline of the polgyon need to be repaired. The black circles must be added to the first outline of the style. The black circles must have size 4 and an interval of 15.
After finalizing the styling of the layers the result can be compared to the one from www.ruimtelijkeplannen.nl. The left side shows an image from www.ruimtelijkeplannen.nl, the right shows the layers as styled in QGIS.
URLs for the several downloads:
- Geonovum IMRO point symbols: http://www.geonovum.nl/geostandaarden/symbolen
- B3 Partners SLD on Github: https://github.com/B3Partners/ro-online-sld/
- SLD and images in a zip file: https://github.com/B3Partners/ro-online-sld/archive/master.zip
- Used GML file: http://www.ruimtelijkeplannen.nl/documents/NL.IMRO.0362.06S-OW01/NL.IMRO.0362.06S-OW01.gml
- RO Online zip file with the corresponding documents: http://ro-online.robeheer.nl/0362/88B026E3-4672-405C-91A7-4CFF2B16D3D2/NL.IMRO.0362.06S-OW01.zip
Here you can download the IMRO data and the styling from this website: